SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is an integral part of digital marketing. It is an important aspect of any online business for greater visibility and searchability. SEO can be defined as “the process of improving the quantity and quality of a website’s organic traffic form search engines”. It comprises of different elements which can help you to rank your website higher on search engine result page (SERP). Anyone who is operating their business online or is planning to go for online sales, must consider doing SEO of their website. Otherwise, they will miss out on a great opportunity to reach potential customer or consumer. In this article, you will find few important details to understand what SEO is and how it is useful for websites.
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a set of rules that helps to optimize a website for ranking higher organically on search engines. It is a process that involves creating a website that search engines can find and also creating high quality content to meet the user’s intent. Similarly, one also needs to make the website user friendly and interactive.
SEO can be further divided into two types i.e. On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO. Whatever we discussed till now comes under On-Page SEO. In other words, any action taken inside of your own website is called as On-page SEO. The action taken outside of your own website is called as Off-Page SEO. For e.g. link building, blog commenting and so on.
How SEO is Useful for Websites?
- Majority of users (estimated to be 80%) on a search engine are more likely to click on the top five results on SERP. And to be on the “Top Five” and be able to gain visitors on your website to make a purchase or visit your online store, SEO becomes important.
- Users also trust the search engine and the results it shows for the searched keyword. This can help you to gain the user’s trust and also might lead them to take some action on your website. This also creates a recall value for your brand which also opens door for direct traffic.
- SEO will also put you ahead of your competition because a search engine optimized website is more likely to rank higher that the other website selling same product as you.
- The main goal of SEO is to increase the website traffic, since it helps to improve searchability and visibility of a website. You can be sure about reaching new customers and consumers.
- Local search has become popular because of the growing domination for mobile users. With the help of Local SEO, any online business within the vicinity of the user can be benefited.
- A good SEO practise helps you to understand the environment of the web. You will be in touch with the current trends and you will also get to know what’s working for you and what needs to change.
- Without SEO your website won’t rank and without any rank, you will lose all the click.
In conclusion, we can say that a good SEO strategy and quality content on your website could help you benefit from your marketing strategy. Adapting new age digital marketing strategy like SEO gives you equal opportunity to compete with market leaders and giants. SEO is relatively cheap as compared to other marketing costs and would give you quantifiable data. As a business owner, if you are not sure about the right SEO strategy for your business, then hiring a digital marketing agency will be the right choice for you.