What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is important for any business that has a physical location. Investing in Local SEO would help your business to be found by local customers who are willing to buy/use your products/services. In other words, local SEO optimization is a branch of SEO that mainly focuses on optimizing your website to rank higher in local search results. It can help you to reach customers who are near to your business location. There are numerous benefits of Local SEO and some of them are as follows:
Benefits of Local SEO:
- It can help you to build or improve online visibility of your business.
- Online visibility of your business would lead to more foot traffic at your physical store. Which can lead to more sales and recall value.
- A well optimized local SEO strategy can help your to target more relevant customers.
- You can manage your online reputation, which can build trust and would allow new customers to make more informed decisions.
- You don’t have to worry about competing with large organizations to get your business in front of nearby customers.
There are many local SEO strategies that can help your business to grow. However, the most effective and useful one is Google My Business listing.
What is Google My Business Listing?
Google My Business is a free listing tool by Google that helps businesses to manage online presence on google search results including google maps. It is a platform where you can provide your business information like contact details, location, working hours and website details. You can even post your business updates, photos of your business and list of products/services you offer.
Customers can also share their experience under review section and provide rating to your business. It is the perfect way to highlight your business, interact with customers and to know if you are meeting people’s expectations.
Other than this, you can also gain key insights on your audience and local search performance of your business. Just like how Google has it’s algorithm for ranking websites, Google has similar algorithm to rank business profiles.
If you are not sure about how to use Google My Business for Local SEO, then you should hire a professional digital marking agency.